What a year 2013 has been for Openfund!
– First things first, our Openfund I portfolio has progressed nicely: YouScan has matured to a solid SaaS business, we had a small exit with Imagga and Taxibeat just announced its latest $4 million round by Hummingbird.
– We launched Openfund II back in December 2012. Since then, we have made 10 investments: Incrediblue, Workable, Locish, Dopios, Longaccess, Total Eclipse, The Singularity Lab, Discoveroom, plus a couple more pending announcement. 3 of them have already secured a follow up round with other investors; stay tuned for the details.
– In this context, we have already allocated €2.5 million in our first year and we are on track to reach our target of 25-30 investments by the end of 2015.
– We just completed a small capital increase of €1.7 million, by both existing and new investors, to address what we consider to be a growing market opportunity in a rapidly maturing ecosystem.
– We are currently enabling dozens of entrepreneurs and a hundred great employees to build and market unique products that deliver value to thousands of customers; this is what gets us out of bed and drives us to perform better every single day.
– We’ve gone a long way to see our original vision taking shape, yet we’re still at the beginning. The stakes are high now, and we have no option than to move faster, higher, stronger; that’s exactly what we plan to do.
Thank you everyone for your support, onwards to a phenomenal 2014!